Friday, July 10, 2009

Rebecca Sorensen


I was just thinking about the phase “the other side of the tracks” and it made me think about our neighbors to the west. It happens to be the children’s miracle hospital. On our side of the “tracks” we have athletic dreams and the opportunity for the ultimate pursuit of them. On their side, they also have dreams, but the dreams and the pursuit of them is quite different. Their road is not paved in or to gold, their rooms are not paid for, their dreams are not every four years. They are children. They didn’t choose this life. They didn’t ask to be sick. They live grown-up lives and deal with grown-up issues. Their goals are to feel better, be better, live. We visited the hospital last year and I often think of the children and how they have been doing. I often consider how different my life would be if I lived on the other side of the tracks...becca

No comments: