Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nicole De Yong


It is hard to believe I am 11 weeks into my summer training program…time sure does fly by! These weeks have varied from 24 hour volume weeks, to intensity weeks, to 10 hour recovery weeks. Each week is focused with specific workouts and some even contain benchmark time trial tests. The tests performed so far are a good indicator as to what my fitness level is compared to past years. Pleasantly enough, my results have improved!
Last week I completed a volume week which entailed 6 hours of roller skiing, 7 hours of running, 3 ½ hours biking, 2 ½ hours strength, and a 5 hour over-distance hike. After a big volume week, I am taking advantage of a recovery period this week.
I am looking forward to a team training camp in Park City in two weeks. Camps are a good opportunity to focus 100% on training and recovery without the distractions of everyday life at home. I’ll be sure to keep you posted on my training progress!

No comments: