Sunday, July 19, 2009

Annie O'Shea end of a long cycle


My training schedule is on a four week cycle. Three hard weeks followed by a fourth down week. Then I change my program and start something new.
Tomorrow will be the end of my third hard week and I am excited for a down week next week. Its a catch 22 though I will say, I am improving in all my lifts, so I want to keep increasing and not take a lighter week. But I know in the long run it is needed so I don't tire myself out before the season even starts.
I ended up working a lot this week, wasn't supposed to but I picked up some extra shifts because its hard to turn down making good money. Even with all the extra work I couldn't believe how strong and fast I felt. Which is a good thing.
I went to the track today by myself to do my sprint workout before I started my lift. I had one of my best sprint workouts in a while. Just 60m but I stayed in drive phase and I felt good. I got some sun this week which was a huge deal. Now I have to get ready for work, probably going to be a long weekend. Just looking forward to an easier week next week!Annie

No comments: