Sunday, July 12, 2009

Annie O'Shea



After Colorado I realized that this summer has already gone by very quickly. Just look at the calender its July 12th today, the track in Lake Placid opens on October 5th. My workouts have been going great but there are so many aspects to this coming season that I haven’t started on yet.
Between workouts, working and doing rehab and recovery I run out of time in the day. When I do have a few extra minutes I just want to sit and stare at the t.v. or look out the window. I am trying to work on my time management skills so I can do the extra things to prepare myself for the upcoming season. For example I need to start doing mind runs, it is a great way to prepare yourself so you feel like you haven’t been off your sled for 5 or so months.
I know this coming season is going to be difficult but I am looking forward to it. I’m excited to experience my first Olympic season, and as long as I keep my head on my shoulders and do my best, I will be satisfied with everything.
I will admit every now and then I think about “the Olympics” (in quotes only because it haunts me sometimes) and how nervous I already am sometimes, but I guess its inevitable, how could you not be nervous. I am talking with a sports psychologist every now and then on certain ways to learn to turn these thoughts into positive ones. I realized that a lot of people have thoughts like this, and the way to become a better athlete is to learn how to deal with these thoughts.
I don’t want to rush the summer any faster than its already going, but I am very excited to go home in August. I plan on going home for only about 5 days or so really because I don’t want to miss too much of work. But I am excited to see my family and go to the beach.
These are just some random thoughts that I’ve had and I wanted to share them with everybody.

No comments: