Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rebecca Sorensen


Above is a photo from Lake Louise. So beautiful! I really enjoyed my trip to Canada last week. This week’s training was a little hit and miss. On Sunday, the day I traveled home, I met a friend and went for a drive. We ended up finding a great hiking trail and... ending up hiking to the top of this huge mountain. So much for a day off. That meant that my next two days would be a bit off schedule. I had planned the sprinting portion of my Federation’s summer testing criteria to be this week. When the week started, I wasn’t sure if I would be at my best with last week being so hard and the way I was currently feeling. So- I just told myself, one day at a time. On Thursday, a non-regular training partner wanted to join my session and wanted to use the timing eyes for some practice testing. I decided it might be a good idea to run a 15m and see where I was. I ended up being fairly fast and decided to just do my test right there and then. 5 of 8 marks I achieved higher than my goal and the other 3 were withing hundredths, inches and pounds of what I wanted. Looking back, I’m sort-of glad for the interruption in my schedule, you can’t always plan perfect days/weeks, so being able to adapt to different situations and still perform is key. A great confidence boost and lesson learned about how you can still perform when least expected, trust your training and listen to your body and things will usually work out!!!

No comments: