Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rebecca Sorenses


Moving out and moving on...This week I will pack my bags and go home for a few days in preparation to go to Lake Placid.A great summer behind, a great goal ahead and just a great time in life.

Training volume is lighter now but still remains at a fairly high intensity. I would like to thank my coach Jon Carlock and all he has done for me this summer. Thanks Jon! He is truly a great trainer, super smart and caring. An athlete can not ask for more than that. Feeling ready and excited makes me think about the future and what it might bring. I find myself getting more lost in those thoughts more often. I have to remind myself to stay in the moment.

Over the last weekend I climbed the pikes peak incline and ran down the 4 mile trail beside it. That was great. I have wanted to climb it since last year. Views were amazing. Then, as if it could get any better, a new friend took me mountain flying. It was great to get up in the air again. I miss flying. We did 3 mountain passes and flew over the sand dunes of southern Colorado.It was a nice escape and a 2 new challenges didn’t hurt either.

Bye for now!!!

Becca

No comments: