Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nicole De Yong


Since my last blog update, I traveled to Alaska and back and now I am headed to Whistler for a 10 day camp.

I was in Alaska for two weeks, visiting my family and enjoying some fun Alaskan adventures! Twelve hours after stepping off the plane, I found myself in one of the most beautiful landscapes ever!...on Kesugi Ridge. This ridge is located North of Anchorage in Denali State Park and offers amazing views of Mt. McKinley! While the weather was nice, it wasn't quite clear enough to see the entire mountain.

I spent the rest of the week putting in some good training. I did a majority of my training by myself, but it was good to focus on doing the "right" workouts for me. I did a lot of classic rollerskiing and double-poling, giving my legs a little break to relieve some soreness and fatigue that built up in previous weeks. Hopefully with the right training and the right amount of rest, they will be back to normal soon!

My last few days in Alaska brought me South, to Homer and across Katchemak Bay to Halibut Cove. With a recovery week scheduled, I was able to enjoy some kayaking and hiking.

If you ever find yourself in Alaska, I strongly recommend checking out both of these places! They are beautiful!

I am headed to Whistler tomorrow for a 10 day dry-land camp and looking forward to it! It will be a good opportunity to train with new and different people!

All for now!

No comments: