Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chris Cook

Northside Update 6
After a recovery week from the Whistler camp, training has gone into a full blown blitz of intensity. Also with the all the campers for motocross camps and ski camps back in school, I’ve decided it would be a good idea to stack brick… This decision has resulted in a couple of the hardest training weeks of the year to make it to the end. The job has been building a display for a concrete products business, meaning, building a small castle around two sides of the main office building. Pillars, stone walls, raised platforms, cobble floors; this thing has everything except a draw bridge and a moat. It has been a great job, but you add training to the equation and I could barely make it to my bed at night. Here is a snapshot of last week’s training:
Mon: Work 7-5
Tue: AM Intensity, Work 12-5, PM Distance
Wed: Work 7-3, PM Distance
Thu: AM Intensity, Work 12-6, PM Strength
Fri: AM Distance, Work 12-7, PM Off
Sat: AM Intensity, Work 12-5
Sun: AM Distance, PM Off
I have been charging ahead with this type of schedule now for one and a half weeks and I probably have just about another full week of work before this display is finally finished. The only other activity I have managed to sneak in has been some great fall barefooting runs. The weather here in the WI has been the best it’s been all summer, which is real odd but I will take it. Have to get a lot done before I head out to a gnarly intensity camp out in Lake Placid, NY on Oct. 1.
Pin it.

No comments: