Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez-


So this has been a very nice and exciting week for me. My man Phil came to visit me the day after I got back from Milwaukee. It was very nice to have him around. I was on an easy week, so we were able to putz around a little and enjoy ourselves. We had some really nice dinners, one at the Sundance resort which was super beautiful. We did the alpine slide, saw Inglourious Basterds, went on some bike rides, checked out Spazmatics and he installed a car stereo for me among other things! I even got him to try out long track speedskating...interesting. :) He’s leaving tomorrow, so I’m kind of bummed. :(

I finally feel like my legs recovered a bit from the hard training and team pursuit camp. I’m now back in the cycle of intense training. We have a couple more weeks until we start our practice races. I’m actually looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how I compare to last year at this time.

I’m also excited to announce I’m signing with Nike and partnering up with the Lance Armstrong foundation!!! That means a lot to me with the passing of my mom less than 3 months ago. It will be a great opportunity to support cancer survivors and their families. My family has been through so much, I want to do this for my mother’s memory.

The most exciting news of the week is that I became a Aunt yesterday!!!! My brother and his wife gave birth to a healthy little boy, Ethan Emilio Rodriguez! I have never been so happy in my entire life. Since it’s going to be a long while until I can have a kid, this little guy is it for me!!!! I’m going back to Miami for a long weekend to see the little whippersnapper! I can’t wait!!!

This week I’m also going to Chicago for the USOC Media Summit. The Media Summit is held to give all journalists the opportunity to interview and photograph Olympic hopefuls over the period of 2 days. Its good to try and get this stuff out of the way now rather than right before the Games.

Lastly, the short track skaters have their Olympic Trials this week. It should be a very tight and exciting competition. I’m nervous for those guys! They’ve been working so hard all summer and now this is it! I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. We’ll basically know the team by the end of the week!

Anyway, that’s about it! Until next time...

Signing off...

No comments: