Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nicole De Yong-


Lake Placid Update

Well it has been a while since I updated! Last update I was just leaving Whistler. Since then, I drove back to Sun Valley and have traveled to Lake Placid, New York for a training camp. Everything seems like a bit of a whirlwind but I have to admit, having these camps gives me a good chance to get caught up with all the little “to do” things, such as updating my blog.
It is always nice to come east and enjoy training in a new place with beautiful fall colors, good roller skiing terrain, and accessibility to a great facility. We are staying at the Olympic Training Center which provides dorm-like housing, cafeteria-like eating, and a great sports therapy. All of these things create a very “easy” environment in which to train. When we are not training or eating, we have time to rest and get the recovery we need.
We have a full week or quality training ahead of us. The U.S. Ski Team along with some other teams will be joining us in the next couple days. It will be nice to have a “crew” out here to train.
I will do my best to update as the camp progresses!

No comments: