Sunday, October 4, 2009

Annie O'Shea-


This has been a great week of pushing so far. Despite the fact that my legs are still way too sore for my own good, I feel confident. I think I am going to need a heavier sled than I had last year, by about 3kg. I lost a lot of weight over the past month or so, and I don’t know if I will put it all back on or if I want to.

Last year I thought the extra weight was going to be a huge advantage, and I really didn’t find a difference. Now since I got a little lighter I think I’ll just continue to let my body be where it wants to.

There are only 2 days left of pushing here in Calgary. I have worked on a few things, like staying closer to my sled and running in a straight line. It’s a little more difficult than normal since I am not pushing my sled and I keep hitting my ankles with the metal bunks of this sled. Quite painful.
I am getting really nervous and excited for October 5th (the first day of the season) to come around. I have a little bit of a different feeling this year, normally I don’t get nervous when people ask me if I’m excited, but now I am. A lot of the guests at work ask how I am doing and if I am ready to go. I say yes because I am, but then I get nervous because I want this so bad and I stay that way for a good amount of time. Maybe the change is a good thing for me, I don’t want to be too confident that wouldn’t be a good way to go about anything. Annie

No comments: