Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chris Cook- MTB


Northside update 4

So the mountain bike season has come to a close, and I would chalk it up as a success. I completed six races without having a mechanical, knock on wood, but much better than the three I racked up last season! I finished the season at the Ore to Shore in Marquette last weekend. I ran the 28 mile Soft Rock and it could nearly be run on a cross bike if it weren’t for all the nasty sandbox sections. We covered the 28 mile course in 1 hour 28 minutes with an average speed of 18.9mph, which is absolutely ridiculous considering most mountain bike race averages are around 13mph! Running a dual suspension was a bad choice…the battle wagon of choice would have been a hardtail 29er, but I made do. I ended up finishing third in a three man group sprint for the victory so I was happy with the result, and it was a good close to the season, assuming I can’t find one more race to fit into the schedule…

It’s back to training without racing this week. Have to knock out one more large volume week this week then a slight recovery couple of days before I head out to whistler for an intensity camp at the Olympic venue. I am definitely looking forward to whistler to get some hard training in with the rest of my boys. Head to head hard training is really the only way to really get after it.

Gone training. All in.

No comments: