Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez- Tough Week



Well I must say, this has been a very tough week! I think Tuesday was probably our hardest day yet! A very tough day on the ice, then in the weight room. Its good though. Its nice to feel like you’ve put some hard work in and you’re actually getting something out of it.

As of today, myself as well as a couple other of my teammates get to back off a little for a couple of days in preparation for our team pursuit camp in Milwaukee. We’re leaving on Sunday and getting back on Thursday. I’m expecting it to be pretty tough. Milwaukee is a super cold rink, so I’m not looking forward to that, but it has been a while since I’ve been there and our Olympic/World Cup trials will be there in October so it will be good to get on that ice.

My hip is doing much better. I still have to do regular treatments on it, but I don’t have any pain while I skate, so I’m real glad about that. I haven’t done a whole lot of starts yet. That might be a little tricky but I’ll deal with it one step at a time.

Outside of skating, my boyfriend is trying to get me to listen to country music. I have to admit I’ve never been a fan, I’m a city girl! But some of the songs are quite catchy. I do like a good western movie, so I may as well get into the whole kit and caboodle. What is the world coming to. :)

No comments: