Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez-another week down


This past week has been a real tough one. We upped our intensity and started working on some higher speed stuff on the ice. It was actually fun! Usually the couple of times I try to go fast each year is a complete disaster. I'm out of control and feel like a spazz. This time I actually had some sort of control. Surprisingly enough, my lap time was faster than anything I came up with last year! Granted last year was my first year back after 2 years off, but still...I was happy. Hopefully I can keep things building in the right direction.

This week was also my teammate Nick's 30th birthday. Another one to join the 30 year old club! We all went to a free reggae concert down in SLC. It was a lot of fun and I'd have to say the people watching was even better than on South Beach. I didn't know SLC had such a collection of people. Good times!

Today is my day off and so far its been real nice. I've been so tired and have had some long days, its nice to just sit back, relax and play catch up on a bunch of errands and whatnots. Tomorrow the week starts over again and its going to be another tough one. Next Sunday I leave for Milkwaukee for a 3 day Team Pursuit camp. But first, the focus is this week.

:-)jen

p.s. the pic is of my roommate's dog Hurley

No comments: