Monday, November 9, 2009

Rebecca Sorensen-


Just finished 2 weeks of training on the Olympic sliding track. I received 16 runs and got a true feel for the track and the areas in which I need to focus. I can only hope that I will be back here in February to represent the USA. My first ever world cup race is Nov 12 on home soil. My family will be there and I again hope that I will be able to have my best performance on race day. Every race this season will count towards an Olympic qualification on Jan 20. I wish my team members luck with their goals and, perhaps, together, we can get 3 women to the Games. I have learned this last week that life at the top of your chosen activity is not always as one might picture it- the important thing is always to try to stay focused on "your thing" while never negatively affecting those who are around you doing the same. In my opinion, these are where the real medals are won...

No comments: