Monday, November 2, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez-

Well...one step down and the rest to go! I just got back from our World Cup Qualifier in Milwaukee a couple of days ago where things went pretty well. I was able to qualify for World Cups in my 3 distances...500m, 1000m and 1500m. I felt pretty good during the races. I had a little bit of a rocky start but felt better as the races went on. I got the job done, so that’s the most important part!
Now we’re back home for three days before we head over to Europe for the first two World Cups. First we go to Berlin and then to Heerenveen, The Netherlands. It’s a little confusing but this is where we will try and qualify our spots for the Olympics. In the past we would have our own US Olympic Trials, but the ISU (International Skating Union) changed the regulations and now we have to actually qualify spots internationally at World Cups. It will be based off of rankings and times. In total there will be 4-5 World Cups through December. After that, we will know how many spots the U.S. will have at the Games per distance and for the most part who will be going. For those who are not going to World Cups, they will have one more chance to qualify for the Olympic Team at the end of December in SLC during a “skate off” qualifier for the last available position for each distance. Confusing I know but I hope I made some sort of sense. :)
So right now I’m doing the dreaded packing...it’s my worst nightmare! Tomorrow I will be headed overseas with the rest of my team to see what we can do!!! I’m a little sad we’ll be missing Halloween though! It’s one of my favorite holidays!!!!
I’ll be in touch to let you know how things go while I’m across the ocean!
Happy, safe Halloween!!!!
JROD

No comments: