Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez-



Well, I’m back from a 2 week trip in Europe for the first World Cups. It’s a gorgeous day here in Park City and it’s so nice to finally see the sun! We haven’t seen the sun in 2 weeks!!! I went on a bike ride here yesterday and it was so beautiful outside. Yay for sun! Our first stop was in Berlin, Germany and then to Heerenveen, The Netherlands. Lands of the constant drizzle. Yuck!
Racing didn’t go as well as I had hoped. It can be very frustrating at times. Things were going so well before I left for Milwaukee for our trials. It seems like once we started resting in preparation for all the racing, I started to lose my feel a little bit. Unfortunately skating is all about feel. If your off just a little, it makes a big difference in the overall.
I also ended up getting a cold and then the stomach bug while I was over there. It wasn’t much fun. Its crazy, this year I’ve been really good about taking all my vitamins, washing my hands and using that antibacterial stuff and I still end up sick! I guess you never know.
Now that I’m back home, its time to get healthy and get back to training again! I’m excited. We have about 2.5 weeks before we head over to Calgary for the next World Cup. After that, we’ll have one more here in SLC. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get my feel back by then.
Outside of skating, I pretty much have all my Christmas shopping done! I’m doing a pretty good job I must say. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving next week! I’m not sure what I’m doing for it yet, but Philip will be here so that is something I am thankful for.
And that’s gonna do it for now!
Catch ya later!
pic is of Elli Ochowicz, Heather Richardson and myself in Berlin at the WC.

No comments: