Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez-


got back from the World Cup in Calgary a couple of nights ago. I was actually quite happy with how things went there. It seems as though the hard training I did when I got back from Europe paid off!
I skated my fastest times since I’ve come out of retirement and finally have my personal bests in sight! I was able to get 2 top 10 finishes and things are looking like they’re headed in the right direction. YAY!!!
This weekend is the last World Cup before the Games and its here in SLC. Racing begins on Friday with the 500m, Sat. with the 1500m and Sunday will be the 1k and team pursuit. Even though I skated good last weekend, I still need to race fast this weekend to try and secure my spot on the team.
On another note, we had a monster snow storm the other day and when we got home from Calgary it was awesome to find out our pipes had frozen. I think it’s 5 degrees here or something. That’s really cold for PC!!!! It’s not fun coming home after a travel day to frozen pipes and not be able to take a shower. Yuck! Luckily we were able to crank the heat up and thaw things out for the morning.
Also, I’m happy to say I’m done with Christmas shopping. I’m pretty lazy about it though and do all my shopping online. I stress out with big crowds and try to avoid them at all costs. Online in my pjs is a lot more appealing. I do have the Christmas mess in my living room though with all the boxes, wrapping paper and shipping stuff. I love the holidays!
Be safe!!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

The Ravens will crush the Steelers 41-17. Joe Flacco will be able to throw the ball to Mark Clayton, Todd Heap and others over a zombie Steeler pass defense while Willis Macgahee and Ray Rice will runs through and around the Steeler front seven.

Ben Roethlisberger on the other hand will be chased around by the Ravens front seven and will go down AND WILL GO DOWN HARD!!!!

In concluding, the hell that Steeler coach Mike Tomlin plans to unleash will be on himself.