Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jennifer Rodriguez-



The last World Cup before the Olympics is finally complete. It was here in SLC, so no travel home outside of the hour drive back to my house. That’s so nice!
The World Cup went really well for me and the team. I got 3rd in the 1500m and broke a personal record by half a second and set a new American record! I haven’t even been close to my personal since I’ve been back skating. It was a good race and I was really happy. My 1000m went well also except I had a really bad slip in one of the corners which cost me some time, but the overall skating was what I was looking for. Our women’s team pursuit was also able to qualify a spot for the Games! So, I have now officially qualified in 4 distances for Vancouver...500m, 1000m, 1500m and Team Pursuit!
Now I’m on a well deserved rest week. I’ve been so tired the past couple of days. I think I could quite possibly have been the laziest person alive. I just haven’t had the energy. So while I’ve been lazy, I’ve had the chance to write my Christmas cards and send out the last of my Christmas gifts.
Next week (Dec 26th), begins the trails for those who have not qualified for the Games already. This will be their last shot. Luckily for me, I’ve already earned my spots. I will still have to race, but I will be able to use those races as training.
I’ve also recently signed with Shaklee! I’m very excited. I’ve been using their products for about a month now and have really noticed a difference in my recovery and lack of stiffness after hard workouts. It’s nice to go into workouts and not be sore!
So that’s about it for here. My main focus for this week is to get recovered and get ready for next week. That’s when the last big phase of training comes before the Games.
Ciao!

4 comments:

Ben Feige: Occidental, CA said...

Here are my picks for the entire NFL playoffs.

AFC Wildcard
(5) Jets over (4) Bengals 23-13.
(3) Patriots over (6) Ravens 27-20.

NFC Wildcard
(6) Eagles over (3) Cowboys 20-17.
(5) Packers over (4) Cardinals 34-21).

AFC Divisional
(5) Jets over (1) Colts 20-16.
(2) Chargers over (3) Patriots 27-23.

NFC Divisional
(6) Eagles over (1) Saints 38-28.
(2) Vikings over (5) Packers 29-24.

AFC Championship
(2) Chargers over (5) Jets 27-13.
NFC Championship
(6) Eagles over (2) Vikings 24-20.

Super Bowl XLIV
Chargers over Eagles 26-20.

Ben said...

This week the picks are

Cardinals over Saints 45-38.
Ravens over Colts 20-16.
Cowboys over Vikings 27-17.
Chargers over Jets 23-16.

Ben Feige said...

Here are my Championship Game picks

Colts defeating the Jets 27-13.

Vikings defeating the Saints 34-24.

Ben Feige said...

Here's my Super Bowl pick. Unlike the image in the attachment, I'm taking the Colts to hoist Vince Lombardi trophy as the Saints defense will be incapable of slowing down Peyton Manning as Peyton will throw the ball around to his quartet of receivers (Pierre Garcon, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark andd Austin Collie). The Saints pass rush will be largely non-existant and will not record any of the "Remember Me" shots on Peyton Manning. Joseph Adddai and Donald Brown will gain solid yardage against a confused Saints front not knowing when to fully rush Peyton or play the run.

When the Saints have the ball, they'll have their momments of sucess of throwing the ball and Reggie Bush will have over 150 all purpose yardage. However, Dwight Freeney and his improving ankle, Robert mathis and others will put enough pressure on Drew Brees to make it uncomfortable for him and his receivers. Saints running back Pierre Thomas will touch the ball very little thus making the Saints offence one-dimensional and desperate. The Colts defense will have enough speed to compete with the Saints offensive playmakers. Same can't be said for the Saints defense against the Colts.

Final score: Colts 38, Saints 23. Saint kicker Garrett Hartley will miss an extra point. Peyton Farving, I mean Manning will be hailed as possibly on of the Top 5 QBs of all time.